(glass bottom boat with Fury.… see below)
There are endless activities which will delight both the grandparent, parent, and child in all of us in the Florida Keys. What follows is just a few of those things waiting for you and your family in the Keys. Or visit Inspirock.com and plan your own itinerary.
Feel your stress fade away as you enter our magical world of butterflies. Relax and be amazed as you stroll through our tropical paradise. Walk through a magical and inviting environment filled with hundreds of the most beautiful winged creatures in nature. During your breathtaking journey you will experience an impressive collection of flowering plants, colorful birds, cascading waterfalls and trees that set the stage for the “flowers of the sky.” Witness a variety of some 50 to 60 butterfly species from around the world, along with over 20 exotic bird species, all under a climate- controlled, glass enclosed habitat.
In The Learning Center, explore the butterfly anatomy, physiology, life cycle, feeding and migratory world of the Monarch. Also get a rare close up view of a variety of live caterpillars feeding and developing on their host plants. Browse through our unique Gift Shop offering a wide assortment of butterfly and nature related items. Wings of Imagination, the Butterfly Gallery, offers original art work by artist Sam Trophia. The acrylic shadow boxes depict the butterfly’s beauty preserved and suspended in art form in a spectrum of colors, shapes and sizes – your perfect piece of art from your vacation in Key West!
Email Us: Info@keywestbutterfly.com
Call Us: (305) 296-2988 Hours: Conservatory 9am-5pm Gift Shop & Gallery 9am-5:30pm Location: 1316 Duval Street Key West, Florida 33040
Featuring an award winning beach and historic bridge, Bahia Honda State Park at mile marker 37 in the Florida Keys has become a favorite destination for visitors to our island paradise. The park, encompassing over 500 acres and an offshore island offers some of the best snorkeling and beachcombing in Florida. The perfect and quiet getaway for the entire family.
The concession service provider offers a complete gift shop, snack bar, kayak rentals and daily snorkeling tours to the fabulous Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary. The concessions are operated by the Coral Reef Park Co. Free 24 hour WI-FI at concession building.
Bahia Honda State Park has many SHORE ACTIVITIES for the land lover!
- CAMPING: Three camping areas within the park provide a total of 80 campsites for both tent and RV campers. Rest rooms and hot showers are easily accessible. Call (800) 326-3521 or go to Reserve America for reservations.
- LODGING: Three duplex cabins are furnished with accommodations for 6 people per cabin. Linens and utensils are provided. Call (800) 326-3521 or go to Reserve America for reservations.
- KAYAKING: Explore the waters in one of the stable sit-on-top Ocean Kayaks. Navigation is possible around the entire island and offers a quiet, peaceful tour.
- BICYCLING: On your own bike, cruise the park’s more than 3-1/2 mile hard surface road that runs the length of Bahia Honda.
- FISHING: Tarpon fishing in the area rates among the best in the state. Charter boats and guides are generally available for hire during tarpon season. Saltwater fishing licenses are required in Florida. All fishing within the park must conform to the regulations concerning size, number, method of capture and season. Spearfishing, possession of spearfishing equipment and collection of tropical fish (by any method) is prohibited inside the park. Collection of live shells & Queen conchs are prohibited.
- SWIMMING: Bahia Honda has some of the best beaches in the Florida Keys, with swimming in the Atlantic Ocean and Florida Bay.
- GIFT SHOP: Located in the main concession building, our gift shop offers a wide range of merchandise, from souvenirs and snorkeling equipment to T-shirts and sportswear. Take home a lasting memory of your trip to Bahia Honda State Park and the fabulous Florida Keys.
- SNACK BAR: Located in the main concession building, the snack bar has a broad menu which includes pizza, deli sandwiches, salads, ice cream and more.
- PARK PROGRAMS: Throughout the year, programs are offered to park visitors on a wide range of natural and cultural history subjects. Guided tours are offered seasonally or upon request by individuals and groups.
Theater of the Sea lagoons and lush, tropical gardens are home to dolphins, sea lions, sea turtles, fish, sharks, stingrays, alligators, and birds. Our mission is to provide a wonderful home for our animals while sharing them with visitors in up close and personal shows and interaction programs. Loving and caring since 1946, we are family owned and located in the Florida Keys, half way between Miami and Key West.
Contact Us THEATER OF THE SEA, INC
84721 Overseas Hwy (Mile Marker 84.5)
Islamorada, FL 33036 TEL: 305.664.2431
AND ONE MORE
And if you will be here visiting….
We Hope You Will Stay With US!
KEYS CARIBBEAN LUXURY RESORT VILLAS & MARINAS
Whether you contemplate visiting the Keys for vacation or some of the many fishing and cultural activities going on all year around-Anytime you are in the Keys: Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall…… STAY WITH KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas & Marinas IN OUR AMAZING PROPERTIES THROUGHOUT THE KEYS-
You will be glad you did…
In The Upper Keys:
In Key Largo and Islamorada, where KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the exclusive location -Mariners Resort Villas & Marinas
In The Middle Keys:
In the Middle Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Village at Hawks Cay Villas on Duck Key, Indigo Reef Resort Villas & Marina and the Coral Lagoon Resort Villas & Marina vacation rentals in Marathon
In The Lower Keys:
In the Lower Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Coral Hammock Resort Villas and Kings Point Marina & Condominiums vacation rentals