The Upper Keys
Current Florida Keys Events
- Nov. 28, 2018 Location: Islamorada Category: Arts & Culture
- Keys History & Discovery Center presents: The 1733 Spanish Galleon Trail
- 305-922-2237 Email
- Della Scott-Ireton, Archaeologist is the quest speaker. Lectures are held at Keys History & Discovery Center, MM 82 on the property of the Islander Resort. Doors to the Discovery Center open at 5 p.m., one hour before the presentation to allow guests to view exhibits. Light appetizers and a cash bar are available. Cost is $10. Reservations advised.
- Nov. 24, 2018 Location: Islamorada Category: Arts & Culture
- Keys Community Concert Band presents: Fun Family Favorites
- Donna Heiner 305-853-7294 Email Website
- Enjoy live music for all ages at a family-friendly free outdoor community band concert as the season-opener for Pops in the Park with patriotic music, clowns, an audience “conduct us” and play-along percussion provided. Performance starts at 4 p.m. at the ICE Amphitheater at Founders Park, mile marker 87, bayside.
- Nov. 29, 2018 – Dec. 2, 2018 Location: Islamorada Category: Fishing
- Islamorada Sailfish Tournament
- Dianne Harbaugh 305-522-4868 Email Website
- The first leg of the triple-crown Florida Keys Gold Cup Championship series is the only tournament in the series to offer a junior division for anglers age 16 and younger. Unlimited anglers are allowed per vessel. Kick off is Nov. 29; fish dates Nov. 30, Dec 1 and 2. Awards ceremony Dec 2.
- Mar. 21, 2018 – Dec. 17, 2018 Location: Islamorada Category: Arts & Culture
- History of Diving Museum presents: Immerse Yourself Free Speaker Series
- 305-664-9737 Website
- The History of Diving Museum presents the annual presentation series that spotlights a new topic the third Wednesday of each month, at 7 p.m. Exhibits and museum store stay open late (normal museum admission applies).
The Middle Keys
- Nov. 28, 2018 – Dec. 1, 2018 Location: Marathon Category: Arts & Culture
- Zonta’s Festival of Trees
- The annual Festival of Trees is to take place at the Florida Keys Country Club. Holiday trees are festively displayed, and decorated by members of the Zonta Club of Marathon, a humanitarian service organization. Visitors and residents can view and bid to purchase the decorated trees between 5-9 p.m., and Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
- Nov. 4, 2018 – Apr. 7, 2019 Location: Key West
- Key West Artisan Market
- Browse among culinary, textile, jewelry, wood, artists & crafters, curiosities, live music, craft beer, wine and art and food concessions. Artisan Market dates have been set for Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., every three weeks (except Easter), at a NEW location this year, at Higgs Beach. Bring your own bags. A fantastic, family-friendly, free event.
- Nov. 21, 2018 – Nov. 25, 2018 Location: Key West Category: Arts & Culture
- International Sand Art Competition
- Visitors can watch leading U.S. and international sand sculptors construct and display large-scale creations over Thanksgiving weekend on the Atlantic Ocean beach at the Casa Marina Resort, 1500 Reynolds St. The competiton brings together incredibly talented sand sculptors from all around the world. The sculptors, each using seven tons of sand, have four days to create their works of art with just sand and water. Watch these artists at work, create your own sand castle, have a drink or two and enjoy live island music.
- Nov. 21, 2018 Location: Key West
- Lighting of the Key West “Harbor Walk of Lights.”
- Projected to feature 61,000 lights, 1,900 feet of garland and 58 lighted palm trees, the eagerly anticipated event kicks off at 6 p.m. at the Harbor Walk plaza at Greene and Elizabeth streets. An animated gumbo limbo tree on Lazy Way; lighted sculptures with animated sea life, tropical fish and birds; singers; and holiday ship anchors are new this year. Harbor Walk of Lights, lit nightly through New Year’s Eve, stretches along the Key West Historic Seaport and Key West Bight Marina.
- Nov. 21, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2018 Location: Key West Category: Arts & Culture
- Key West Holiday Fest
- A merry range of celebrations during Key West’s busy holiday season includes lighting of the Harbor Walk of Lights, Holiday Historic Inn Tours and a lighted boat parade with festively lit vessels and good cheer.
- Nov. 22, 2018 Location: The Lower Keys
- Matt’s Stock Island Kitchen & Bar Thanksgiving Dinner
- 305-294-3939 Website
- This Thanksgiving, leave the stress of cooking behind and treat your family to something truly special at Matt’s Stock Island Kitchen & Bar. We’re serving a family-style feast of hickory-smoked turkey breast, roasted brussel sprouts, pumpkin pie, and more. Located at The Perry Hotel, 7001 Shrimp Road, Stock Island. This is a ticketed event at $45 pp, open to the public. Call to reserve.
- Nov. 24, 2018 Location: The Lower Keys Category: Arts & Culture
- Big Pine & The Lower Keys Island Art Festival
- 305-872-2411 Email Website
- Highlights of this holiday event, set for the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year, include live music by local entertainers, food, exhibits and booths featuring locally produced arts and crafts. Festivities traditionally take place on the grounds of the Lower Keys Chamber of Commerce, MM 31 oceanside.
- Nov. 25, 2018 Location: The Lower Keys Category: Arts & Culture
- Chef’s Select Four-Course Tasting Event to Benefit Florida Keys SPCA
- Tara 305-743-4800 Email Website
- This special evening will show off Chef’s culinary chops with several menu items to tantalize your taste buds, including vegetarian options. The event will also feature live music by Mateo (Florida Keys Guitar Festival 2018) and wine vendors representing their new wines for 2019 with great pairing options! Seating is limited to 50 seats at this exclusive event and tickets must be purchased in advance at the Florida Keys SPCA Marathon Campus located at 10550 Aviation Blvd. In addition, each ticket comes with a chance to win a fine bottle of wine, with multiple bottles of wine given away throughout the evening.
- Nov. 28, 2018 Location: Key West Category: Arts & Culture
- Key West Theater presents: Kingston Trio Legacy Tour
- Box Office 305-985-0433 Website
- The original Kingston Trio has evolved over the years and has now come full circle. Josh Reynolds, son of original founding member Nick Reynolds, has joined forces with two of Nick’s closest kindred spirits, Mike Marvin, Nick’s nephew and Tim Gorelangton, Mike’s musical brother. Alongside Josh, Mike & Tim have re captured that original Kingston Trio magic with their energy, humor and crowd charming musical repertoire. Doors open 7 p.m., show starts 8 p.m. at Key West Theater, 512 Eaton St.
And While You Are In The Keys: Stay With US
KEYS CARIBBEAN LUXURY RESORT VILLAS & MARINAS
Whether you contemplate visiting the Keys for vacation or some of the many fishing and cultural activities going on all year around-Anytime you are in the Keys: Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall…… STAY WITH KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas & Marinas IN OUR AMAZING PROPERTIES THROUGHOUT THE KEYS-
You will be glad you did…
In The Upper Keys:
In Key Largo and Islamorada, where KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the exclusive location -Mariners Resort Villas & Marinas
In The Middle Keys:
In the Middle Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Village at Hawks Cay Villas on Duck Key, Indigo Reef Resort Villas & Marina and the Coral Lagoon Resort Villas & Marina vacation rentals in Marathon
In The Lower Keys:
In the Lower Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Coral Hammock Resort Villas and Kings Point Marina & Condominiums vacation rentals