Forbes Travel Guide gives us advice about the best places to eat in the Florida Keys
What are the best places to eat in the Florida Keys?
Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s not all grouper and key lime pie in the Florida Keys—not that we couldn’t happily get by eating both. Here’s Forbes Travel Guide’s list of the best places to eat in the Keys:
1. The Flaming Buoy Filet Co. The Flaming Buoy is a Key West neighborhood gem, where the on-site owners are friendly and welcoming. Featuring fresh local seafood, everything is prepared to order. Specialties include lobster macaroni and cheese, fresh catch with banana salsa, and for dessert, a spicy chocolate quesadilla.
2. Azur Restaurant. Azur is wonderful for brunch, lunch or dinner when in Key West. If you can’t get enough key lime pie, order the French toast, which is stuffed with it. Dinner includes tasting plates, “almost entrees” such as roasted beets and gnocchi, and heartier dishes including seafood risotto and snapper.
3. Sparky’s Landing. Located in Marathon in the Key Colony Beach Marina, Sparky’s Landing is a fun place for drinks and has a huge menu featuring everything from fish tacos to burgers and pizzas. Try the gratinee appetizer filled with fresh fish, cream sauce and cheese.
4. Pilot House. It is well worth the effort to find this out-of-the-way restaurant in Key Largo. The food is fresh and delicious and prices are reasonable. Combine that with a water view, glass bottom bar and live entertainment in the evenings and it can’t be beat.
5. Mrs. Mac’s Kitchen. Mrs. Mac’s recently opened a second Key Largo location nearly across the street from the original, license-plate-covered one, but kept all of its popular foods. From salads to sandwiches, everything is fresh. The menu is huge and there is something for everyone. Try the TJ style fish of the day topped with stewed tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeños with black beans and rice.
Stay With Us in the Florida Keys
KEYS CARIBBEAN LUXURY RESORT VILLAS & MARINAS Whether you contemplate visiting the Keys for vacation or some of the many fishing and cultural activities going on all year around-
Anytime you are in the Keys: Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall…… STAY WITH KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas & Marinas IN OUR AMAZING PROPERTIES THROUGHOUT THE KEYS-
You will be glad you did…
In The Middle Keys: In the Middle Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Village at Hawks Cay Villas on Duck Key, Indigo Reef Resort Villas & Marina and the Coral Lagoon Resort Villas & Marina vacation rentals in Marathon
In The Lower Keys: In the Lower Keys, KeysCaribbean Luxury Resort Villas and Marinas has the Coral Hammock Resort Villas and Kings Point Marina & Condominiums vacation rentals